Using your Essential Oils for Pain ReliefOur bodies are always working hard in many ways. Our brain is active majority of the time. Our hands are busy with the work we need to do. Our feet always taking us where we need to go. And there are times that we may overdo the work load and capabilities of our bodies. Sometimes it reminds us to take a break because of some symptoms we feel like back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel and sore feet. As much as we try to slow down sometimes, our bodies give this signal to take some timeout. There are a number of ways to lessen the pain we experience. We’ve probably used a hot or cold compress a few times as we feel it’s just a minor incident and can be alleviated by doing such remedy.
Essential Oils for pain relief that help to relieve those muscle pains
- Lavender Essential Oil is probably always on top of the list for relaxation, stress relief and yes, it can also aid in pain relief. From its aroma alone, it can send signals to the brain to relax and then continuing on to use it along with a favorite carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil to massage around the pain area.
- Peppermint Essential Oil has the fresh, minty scent that we are all familiar with that can boost energy. Little do we know that it can also double as a pain reliever to those tired muscles. Just add a few drops to carrier oil and rub slowly for relief.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil can be used to relieve your muscle cramps. Dilute and apply on the affected muscles. Of course next time, always complete your stretching and warm up routine to avoid getting muscle cramps.
- Chamomile Essential Oil is easily absorbed by our skin and can be used to soothe muscle tension. It has compounds that help blood flow which then helps in muscle pain relief.
- Rosemary Essential Oil doesn’t only smell good; it can also be a good oil to apply the next day of a workout. It has an analgesic effect that can assist in relieving inflamed muscles.
- Thyme Essential Oil is one with analgesic properties. Massage on to your thighs, calves, arms and lower back to relieve them from stiffness after an exercise.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil can help lessen the inflammation of those muscles from an intense workout or activity. Choose carrier oil like coconut oil to complement upon use.
- Frankincense Essential Oil has a lot of uses like reducing anxiety and tension. It can also help enhance memory and boost immunity. It is known to be a natural pain reliever as it addresses inflammation of the muscles.
- Ginger is well known culinary herb and has been used for medication since ancient times. The oil can be massaged onto areas of the body to help heal cells and reduce pain.
- Marjoram Essential Oil it has sedative compounds which can be used to relieve headaches, joint stiffness and rheumatism.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil can be used for its cooling effect on the muscles. It is also a good option to use for relieving headaches and joint aches. Have this ready to use with coconut oil or jojoba oil after a workout and it can greatly help to relax those tired muscles.